Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Hampton Sketches



South Hampton Beach looking west. It was a beautiful afternoon.

This lady walked into my drawing. The dogs are allowed on the beaches and they loved it!
Hey there, been a few days. I was busy working yesterday and had some late night bike racing last night. Enough excuses, here are two sketches from this last weekend. My friend David invited us out to the Hamptons. Thanks man! Did some beach walking, riding and plenty of eating. We also saw some good paintings. In South Hampton they have an obviously well funded art museum. Here is the link  http://www.parrishart.org/ They have a portrait show up currently. What's that? Right up my alley you say? Yes. Agreed. Amazingly enough it has some of my favorite artists. Larry Rivers, Chuck Close, Fairfield Porter,  it even has a small Whistler etching. It was a very nice added surprise to our weekend. I also saw some small paintings that I really liked in a small gallery across the street. I should have taken some pics or at least made a note of the artist's name. But to add it to the blog only just now crossed my mind. I am still getting the swing of this so I will try to add things that I like as well as my own drawings. Links to artists, paintings I like, etc.
If you're unfamiliar with any of the above artists a google search will more than suffice since they are all very well known.

I will also start adding my text at the top of the blog so as to introduce the sketches below.
I told Sam that the next time we make it out to the beaches there, we will bring our plein aire easels and do some landscape painting. What a beautiful area. Once I was there I understood why people flock to the area in the summers. Glad we went after the "season" was over.

No comments: