Thursday, October 23, 2014

Friday

Yesterday I delivered a cityscape painting that was commissioned a few months ago. Even though the client was very specific about what he wanted and checked in during the process I was still really nervous about presenting it to him. Sam agreed that the feeling of self doubt probably will never go away. It is a baseless fear that they will be like, "this looks terrible! This isn't what I wanted at all" 
This is the painting. They were really happy with it. That feeling that something you've made makes people happy. That others recognize and consider your abilities a talent, is pretty much priceless. 
So now an update from my current painting. There was a figure that I was giving me trouble. Originally it was turned away from the viewer and it was the closest in the foreground, which made it the back of a head. A huge back of a head. It was blocking movement through the painting. So I changed it to a profile and last night Sam suggests 3/4 view, which is what I went with. It is now the best part of the painting to me.
Perfect, huh? I wish I could just leave it like this. I am really going to leave the figures ambiguous. 
I mainly worked on the other side tonight:today. Here is initial color scheme. Though I need to get a really bright pink and possibly see if a neon orange is available.
A lot of painting ahead of me. I mean on this painting. I figure if I paint for the rest of my life I will eventually see some progress.
Goodnight.

No comments: